Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 7, 2021

MPS Gratitude

'Tis the season for giving thanks. Last year toward the end of  November, a blog was posted here to initiate a way to give thanks across the state to those we couldn't see in person. After yet another challenging year for a variety of reasons, this new tradition will continue! 

If you have worked with someone this year who has positively impacted the workplace, the agency, or even influenced you personally, this is a chance to show your gratitude for their work, their friendship, or simply their presence. Please share your story or a simple thank you message in the comments. Tell us who it is you'd like to recognize and why. You can post anonymously if you'd like, by signing out of your Google account, returning to the MPS Training Blog, and clicking "comment". 

Though the message below is not specific to any individual, I also want to send some appreciation to all of the individuals who truly keep the parks running.

With gratitude to all of the MPS staff who've worked in all capacities this year - thank you. The challenges you've faced may continue and they may change, but the fact that you have been here to help serve the public when they most needed a safe place to recreate, and stood with your coworkers despite the stressors of the world, speaks volumes about your character. Thank you for all you have done this year and all you will continue to do in the coming year. I hope you have a wonderful holiday season!




12 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you to everyone who works with our reservation system. Despite our increased attendance, you all continued to help ensure accurate information in the system and maintained high standards of customer service. Wishing you peace and joy this holiday season and in the coming year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Roy, Julia, and Mark for leading Ranger School, visiting deans, training division (Cineva, Maria, John), every person who helped out and visited and presented, and New Germany staff for hosting us. All you made it a success! I am grateful to my fellow Ranger classmates for your friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beyond grateful for Melissa Acuti's hard work and dedication to the Sandy Point NC!

    Grateful for Barb Knisely for her guidance and support.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grateful for the Janes Island SP staff, for their support, guidance and hard work today and everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nakia has been such a asset. Thanks for your support.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I appreciate Janes Island State Park staff and camp hosts that helped make the Barn Owl box project possible! The owls will also appreciate their new nest boxes, I'm sure! The day that we put them up in the marsh was a magical MPS day for me, and a perfect "out of office" day, which is just what I needed at that point.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Also, super grateful for my partners and classmates in EMR this fall... I wouldn't have passed without you all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you park managers, headquarters & senior staff, Fair Hill NRMA staff, Cineva Smith, and the Elk Neck SP team for all the hard work and contributions during the Fall Manager's Meeting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am thankful for the mentor program- It has allowed me a place where I feel I can speak freely and grow personally and professionally, and has helped to renew my hope for the future of the MPS.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am thankful for the staff at Patapsco Valley and their willingness to go above and beyond every time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am very, very grateful for my outstanding planning, project review, trail, interpretive and maintenance project team. They work incredibly hard to keep projects on track and are always willing to go the extra mile to do outstanding work. They are also full of great ideas and enthusiasm, and they are always thinking of ways to improve our parks and our visitors' experiences!

    ReplyDelete