Spice Up Your Winter Blues
If you have been to a wintertime residential training with me in the last few years you may have seen me use what I affectionately call my turtle light. It is a big and very bright light that helps me fend off my seasonal depression. Seasonal Affective Disorder, or SAD, as it is also known, is what happens to certain people in the winter time as a result of decreased exposure to sunlight. My turtle light helps to mimic the sun so that my brain continues to produce the chemicals it needs. I stumbled across a great article that explains the disorder in great detail and highlights some really helpful pointers to managing it.
One new idea I learned in this article, is how important it is to maintain a healthy diet through the winter months. I have compiled a few recipes below that looked unique. I hope these might give you some inspiration to get through the final few weeks of winter with nutrition in mind. I am also happy to chat about my winter strategies. If you find yourself in a bit of a slump, reach out! After all, winter is such a beautiful time of year. You wouldn't want to let it pass you by because you aren't feeling tip top.
Spice Up Your Winter Blues
If you have been to a wintertime residential training with me in the last few years you may have seen me use what I affectionately call my turtle light. It is a big and very bright light that helps me fend off my seasonal depression. Seasonal Affective Disorder, or SAD, as it is also known, is what happens to certain people in the winter time as a result of decreased exposure to sunlight. My turtle light helps to mimic the sun so that my brain continues to produce the chemicals it needs. I stumbled across a great article that explains the disorder in great detail and highlights some really helpful pointers to managing it.
One new idea I learned in this article, is how important it is to maintain a healthy diet through the winter months. I have compiled a few recipes below that looked unique. I hope these might give you some inspiration to get through the final few weeks of winter with nutrition in mind. I am also happy to chat about my winter strategies. If you find yourself in a bit of a slump, reach out! After all, winter is such a beautiful time of year. You wouldn't want to let it pass you by because you aren't feeling tip top.
Remember, if you're feeling down take action and reach out for resources or to someone you trust to help you. Let us know if you try any of the recipes in the comments below or if you have any additional recipes or resources you've found to beat the winter blues. Winter is fleeting. We deserve to enjoy it.





No comments:
Post a Comment