Search This Blog

Friday, August 21, 2020

July 2020 Customer Service Survey

Check out the positive comments from MPS customers in July!

West

Deep Creek Lake - the camp hosts are awesome. We had to check out late- our rental boat broke down in the middle of the lake and we had to wait to be towed. The hosts were very accommodating.

Swallow Falls - BEAUTIFUL campground and waterfalls! Will definitely recommend it. LOVED all the direct trials to the bathhouses that were maintained- SO nice to have that rather than having to walk around the drive loop which is how PA typically handles it. Appreciated the limitations on number of guests and mask requirement in the bathhouses, and the fans and open doors to help with concerns about coronavirus. You are creating much needed quality time for families during these stressful times, much appreciated. Can't wait to try more Maryland campgrounds out, thank you!!

New Germany - This was our second time visiting New Germany SP, but it was the first time we brought teenagers. They enjoyed the park, the swimming, and especially the fishing at the lake. There was ample shoreline to move around when compared with other SPs which was great since one of our kids is in a wheel chair. Also-many of the sites were well spaced out and had privacy so it didn't feel like you are right on top of the group next to you. I’m glad the parks are open right now.

Rocky Gap - I was very appreciative that all of the park employees were being careful about wearing masks and practicing social distancing. It made it possible for us to enjoy the experience even more since we didn't need to be worried about our health and safety. 

Cunningham Falls - I really got to know, Ryan, our Camp Host. he was in the Bear Branch loop, he was very friendly and kind and made me feel welcomed. we struck up conversation. I also noticed that he made his rounds and welcoming other campers as well its the little things that make a big difference.

Greenbrier - The staff at Greenbrier was amazing. Our first time camping in Maryland (we recently moved to the area) and they were so helpful and clear. The bathroom facility was spotless (something I was nervous about in the time of COVID) and the site was beautiful. So much more than I ever expected. Thank you! 

Fort Frederick - staff and duty ranger are excellent. Friendly at check-in, great when I had to call about the gate code, This is primitive camping, but porta-potties clean and outhouse showers by Fort clean and have hot water! I’ve been there twice during Pandemic times and will be back.  

East

Assateague - The camp host on A loop was amazing! Warren was very welcoming, kept the loop clean, and was constantly hard at work. Warren had a recycling center, gave us tent spikes, helped start a fire, and was the best host! 

Martinak - Staff is helpful. We had a fairly large hole in the middle of our campsite. I was concerned we would step in it in the dark and fall. I flagged down a ranger who got a shovel out of his truck and filled the hole. Voila!

Tuckahoe - The Ranger, Ashley, at Tuckahoe State Park is friendly and wonderful 

Janes Island - Janae From Janes Island state park was super helpful with assisting us with making reservations for the conference center and then revising our reservations. She was great to work with.

Pocomoke - Pocomoke River State Park is beautiful. The staff Dave, Allen, The Rangers and the Ladies that came and maintained the bathhouses were all so very welcoming and helpful!! I only wished I had more time off so we might have stayed longer. Keep doing what y’all are doing!! We will be back as soon as we can!! 

South

Point Lookout - Point lookout state park had such a diverse group of things to do and see in the park that it blew me away. I expected a cheap place to pitch a tent and get a sub par shower like many other campsites on the east coast that I stayed in. Instead I found a full bathroom with showers that seemed to have unlimited hot water, and ways to entertain myself after a long hard day of collecting fossils over in calvert county instead of sitting around camp. The workers said hello when I saw them, and were busy working. Maryland definitely impressed me, I'd go out of my way to bring the wife here if I ever pass through again.

Central

Elk Neck - Elk neck, our car battery died. We were staying in the miles loop, our campground host was so super friendly and helpful. Then the on duty ranger who brought the kit so we could jump start was incredibly nice and helpful. They went out of their way so we could enjoy our trip. Thank you so much to both of them!!! Also the sites were well maintained and absolutely beautiful

Patapsco Valley - Hollofield area: front gate crew is doing great on weekends!! They don’t mess around with people who argue. They were really friendly with our check in.

Multiple Parks

Went for a run (okay a jog) at Susquehanna SP, went swimming at Elk neck SP, and hiked a bit at Tuckahoe and Pocomoke SP.


No comments:

Post a Comment